The Downloader app is a simple and easy-to-use app that helps you search and install third-party APKs that may not be available through Google’s official app store on your Android TV.
Developed by AFTVnews for the Amazon Fire TV, The Downloader app has become the best and most used method for installing Kodi and other third-party apps on Android Tv and the Amazone Fire TV.
The Downloader app can be installed on the Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick, Android TV, and Nvidia Shield TV.
The app makes it possible to manually sideload these third-party apps on the above devices.
You can install the downloader app from the official Google Play Store. But if you’re running Android TV boxes that do not run the TV version of Android then you will need to use the alternative method below.
Features Downloader App
- Download files simply by inputting their URL address. No extra hardware needed!
- Navigate websites and internet links with only the Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Save and favorite frequently visited URLs and addresses.
- Install APKs onto your Amazon hardware right from within the app.
- Delete files when you are done with them.
Steps to installing Downloader App on Android TV
- Go to settings and turn on Unknown Sources
- Now Open any Browser on your box (Chrome Preferably) and type in troypoint.com/dl in the address bar.
- The Downloader APK install file will begin to download on your device.
- After downloading, open the File Explorer app on your device ( ES File Explorer preferable)
- Now go to the Download folder, search and click the Downloader APK file to install.
- Grant all permission to the Downloader when prompted.
- Once the Downloader app has finished installing, you’ll see it on the app menu of your Android TV on the device.
- Congratulation, you’ve successfully installed the downloader app.
How to use the Downloader app to download to Install Kodi
First Launch the Downloader app from the App menu on your device.
In the address bar, enter in http://kodi.tv/download
Now select your OS and the version( Android) and click on Install.
The Kodi APK file will begin to download.
After successfully download, you can locate the file in your download fold and install it.
when the install is done, The Kodi app will now be available on your device alongside other apps.
From here, you can open the app and begin to install addons on the Kodi app. See below the 7 Best Working Kodi Addons As at September 2020.
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org