Turn your windows Computer into wifi hotspot: Many times, you may be having enough data bundle on your home computer or modem and wish to share your internet connection with your friends and family but due to router availability, you cannot do that.
If this sounds like the situation you find yourself or maybe you just want to know how to tun your computer into a hotspot then this article will be of help to you. In this article, we discuss one of the best ways to turn your home computer into a hotspot.
There are different software that one can use to turn his or her laptop computer into a virtual router but in this article, we are going to use mHotspot. mHotspot is a completely free software which converts your windows 7, 8 & 10 laptops into a virtual wifi router and creates a secure wifi hotspot
using this software, you can share a single internet connection(LAN, Ethernet, Data-Card, 3G/4G, Wifi) for multiple devices like laptops, smartphones, android phones, PDAs, Ipads, etc. No router or external hardware is required apart from your existing one.
Features of mHotspot
Connect up to ten devices to the hotspot
You can set your own hotspot name without any restrictions
Application size is 400KB only
Share any type of Internet Connection(LAN, Ethernet,3G/4G,Wifi etc)
Android phones, ipads, PDAs, tablet-pcs and other devices can access
See the details of the connected device(Name, Ip Address, Mac Address)
See the network usage(Upload and Download Speed, Transfer Rates)
Secures your wireless hotspot with WPA2 PSK password security
Set max. number of devices that can be connected
Extends your Wifi range(Acts as a repeater)
In-app internet selection
Works with Windows 7, 8, & 10
How to set up the Mhotspot on windows computer
First, download the mHotspot Software and then follow the on-screen installation guide to install it on your computer.
Once the app is installed, open and then set up the name of your Hotspot and the password.
Now select the connection type and then click on the connect button to start the hotspot connections.
If everything goes well, you should have a successful hotspot sharing your computer connectivity to other devices.
For any reason, suddenly, if you are unable to create a hotspot or having a problem with internet sharing, follow this guide.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Network & Internet > Network Connections.
- Check if there is a connection by name Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter ( in Windows 7) or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter (in Windows 8).
- If there is a Microsoft Virtual WiFi adapter and it is disabled (greyed out), right-click on it and choose ‘Enable’.
- Otherwise, If there is NO Microsoft Virtual WiFi adapter, right-click on your laptop’s WiFi Adapter and choose Disable. Wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Now, right-click on your laptop’s WiFi Adapter and choose Enable.
- Do a refresh. (Right click anywhere on white space and choose ‘Refresh’ in the options.
- You should see the Microsoft Virtual WiFi adapter. Now restart the mHotspot.
- If you don’t find the Microsoft Virtual WiFi adapter, go to your laptop’s manufacturer’s website and download the latest WiFi driver.
- Re-install the downloaded WiFi drivers and restart the laptop.
- Now you should be able to create the hotspot.
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org